- How to choose a local ride
- Local Medium Pace Rides
- Ladies Rides
- Informal Rides
- Events Calendar
- Hart Cycling Hub
Click here to subscribe to the Fleet Cycling Newsletter
Click here to see previous newsletters
Fleet Cycling Ladies Group – Friday 3* Cycle Rides (experienced)
Experienced Cyclists – on-road
Every Friday throughout the year – 9:30am to 1:30pm
Click here for a list of upcoming rides in a new tab
Hart Leisure Centre Hitches Lane, Fleet, GU51 5HS
Cost Per Participant:
Free – but we encourage regular riders to become Cycling UK members – join here
Experienced female cyclists who are used to cycling in a group at a reasonable touring pace. Open to all female Cycling UK members from across the UK.
Note: Ladies attend many ride types and categories shown on this site, and are welcome to all. The rides on this page are for those who would sometimes like an all-female outing.
Fleet Cycling Ladies Cycling UK Member Group – club rides led by an experienced ride leader
These cycle rides are moderate-going rides for all ages. They are intended for experienced riders. They will follow quiet country lanes and traffic free routes where possible but there may be some main roads to link between quieter roads. We will never leave anyone behind, and we will adjust the distance for new riders if 30 miles is too far.
Cycle Ride Detail
- Ride Time: 2½ hours. Completed within 3 hours with a coffee break.
- Ride Distance: maximum of 30 to 35 miles to local garden centres or cafes.
- Suitable for: experienced cyclists – advice will be given to those not used to cycling in a group
- Ride level: 3*
- Conditions: Mostly quiet country lanes, only on B or A roads for short distances. Occasional cycle tracks where ride leader wants to avoid a busy road.
- Bike Type: Roadworthy and suitable for road cycling.
What You Need
- You will need a roadworthy bike of course. You should have a spare inner tube, tyre levers, puncture repair outfit and a pump.
- Wearing a helmet is advisable for adults and mandatory for all children.
- No special cycling clothing is required. Just dress for the weather conditions, and wear something bright if you have it.
- Bring along a snack and drink, or some cash to buy a drink and snack en route.
- If you are not yet a member, please bring a completed guest rider form (Word format here / PDF format here) to save time at the start.
- The Avenue Garden Centre, Lasham or Lasham Gliding Society Café
- The Country Market, Kingsley
- The Bakery, Old Basing
- The Wellington Farm Shop, near Riseley
- South Warnborough Village shop
- Frensham Garden Centre, The Reeds, Frensham
- Village Hall Lower Froyle
- The Vine Church Hall, The Old School, Odiham
Notes For Parents
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- For unaccompanied children 13-16 undertaking their first ride of this type with us, a parent or guardian must beforehand contact the organiser to discuss whether their child can achieve the level required. The child must then bring to the ride a consent form (Word format here / PDF format here) signed by the parent or guardian.
- Proof of age may be requested.
- All participants ride at their own risk and the serviceability of a bike remains the rider’s or parental responsibility.
For more details or to register an interest in these rides contact:
Linda Jeffs: 01252 684858 or 07876 344015
Linda sends a weekly email to female members informing them of the week’s ride destination. If you would like to be included, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fleet Cycling Contact Address:
Fleet Cycling Club
Phone: 01252 677909
Fleet Cycling is a Cycling UK Member Group.