- How to choose a local ride
- Local Medium Pace Rides
- Ladies Rides
- Informal Rides
- Events Calendar
- Hart Cycling Hub
Click here to subscribe to the Fleet Cycling Newsletter
Click here to see previous newsletters
Weekly Club Rides
Fleet Cycling Club Rides –
Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday 3* (experienced) rides
Thursday 4* (endurance) rides
Click here to open a full calendar of all rides, in a new tab.
Experienced Cyclists – on-road
Every Sunday and Tuesday throughout the year – 9:30am to 1:30pm
Every Thursday throughout the year – 9:30am to 3:00pm
Every Thursday in the summer – a slower, shorter ride – 9:30am to 12:30pm
Check the Rides Calendar for the date in which you are interested
Hart Leisure Centre Hitches Lane, Fleet, GU51 5HS.
Some rides may start at a remote location – please check the Venue (Start point) in the Rides Calendar (opens in a new tab)
Cost Per Participant
Free – but we encourage regular riders to become Cycling UK members – join here
Experienced cyclists who are used to cycling in a group at a reasonable touring pace. Open to all Cycling UK members from across the UK.
Cycling UK Member Group – club rides led by an experienced ride leader
These cycle rides are moderate-going rides for all ages. They are intended for experienced riders. They will follow quiet country lanes and traffic free routes where possible but there may be some main roads to link between quieter roads. We will never leave anyone behind.
Cycle Ride Detail
- Ride Time: Sunday and Tuesday 3½ hours. Completed within 4 hours with a coffee break.
Thursday 4½ hours. Completed within 6 hours with a morning coffee break and lunch stops
Thursday 3 hours, shorter distance. Completed within 3½ to 4 hours with a morning coffee break
- Ride Distance: maximum of 35 to 60 miles to local garden centres or cafes and, on Thursdays, pubs for lunch.
- Suitable for: experienced cyclists – advice will be given to those not used to cycling in a group
- Ride level: 3* or 4*
- Conditions: Mostly quiet country lanes, only on B or A roads for short distances. Occasional cycle tracks where ride leader wants to avoid a busy road.
- Bike Type: Roadworthy and suitable for road cycling.
What you need
- You will need a roadworthy bike of course. You should have a spare inner tube, tyre levers, puncture repair outfit and a pump.
- Wearing a helmet is advisable for adults and mandatory for all children.
- No special cycling clothing is required. Just dress for the weather conditions, and wear something bright if you have it.
- Bring along a snack and drink, or some cash to buy a drink and snack en route.
- If you are not yet a member, please bring a completed guest rider form (Word format here / PDF format here) to save time at the start.
Notes For Parents
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- For unaccompanied children 13-16 undertaking their first ride of this type with us, a parent or guardian must beforehand contact the organiser to discuss whether their child can achieve the level required. The child must then bring to the ride a consent form (Word format here / PDF format here) signed by the parent or guardian.
- Proof of age may be requested.
- All participants ride at their own risk and the serviceability of a bike remains the rider’s or parental responsibility.
For more details or to register an interest in these rides contact:
Fleet Cycling Contact Address:
Fleet Cycling Club
Phone: 01252 677909
Fleet Cycling is a Cycling UK Member Group.