Click here to subscribe to the Fleet Cycling Newsletter
Click here to see previous newsletters
Weekly Club Rides
Tuesday 3* or 4* - 0930 to 1330
(35-50 miles) + Cafe Stop
Wednesday 2* - 0930 to 1230
(< 30 miles) + Cafe Stop
Thursday 4* - 0930 to 1500
(40-60 miles) + Cafe + Pub Lunch Stop
Sunday 3* or 4* - 0930 to 1330
(35-50 miles) + Cafe Stop
Check the Rides Calendar before joining us on a ride. All times stated are approximate and riders should check the calendar for specific start/end times and destinations as this will vary each week with the ride distance. We also run an introductory 2*/3* ride on the first Sunday of each month for those new to group cycling or returning to the group.
Hart Leisure Centre Hitches Lane, Fleet, GU51 5HS. All visitors travelling by car to HLC are advised to register their number plate in reception to avoid any parking fines.
Some rides may start at a remote location – please check the Venue (Start point) in the Rides Calendar.
Cost Per Participant
Free – but we encourage regular riders to become Cycling UK members - join here
Experienced cyclists who are used to cycling in a group at a reasonable touring pace. Open to all Cycling UK members from across the UK. New group cyclists are encouraged to join us on the first Sunday on each month for the introductory 2*/3* ride.
Cycling UK Member Group - club rides led by an experienced ride leader
These cycle rides are moderate-going rides for all ages. They are intended for experienced riders. They will follow quiet country lanes and traffic free routes where possible but there may be some main roads to link between quieter roads. We will never leave anyone behind.
Cycle Ride Detail
- Total Ride Time: 3-6 hours including stops (varies for each ride)
- Ride Distance: 35 to 60 miles to local garden centres or cafes and, on Thursdays, pubs for lunch.
- Suitable for: experienced cyclists – advice will be given to those not used to cycling in a group.
- Ride level: 2*, 3* or 4* - please check the Rides Calendar
- Conditions: Mostly quiet country lanes with some B or A roads for short distances. Occasional cycle tracks where ride leader wants to avoid a busy road.
- Bike Type: Roadworthy and suitable for road cycling.
What you need
- You will need a roadworthy bike of course. You should have spare inner tubes, tyre levers, puncture repair kit and a pump as a minimum.
- Wearing a helmet is advisable for adults and mandatory for all children.
- No special cycling clothing is required. Just dress for the weather conditions, bright/contrasting colours are advised. For the 3* and above rides padded cycling shorts are advised.
- Money to buy a drink and snack at the cafe stop or bring your own. Electrolyte and/or energy mix drinks are advised for the longer rides, but this is a personal choice.
- If you are not yet a member, please bring a completed guest rider form to save time at the start.
- If you need advice on anything cycling just ask a ride leader or anyone in a Fleet Cycling jersey on the ride. We are a knowledgeable bunch.
Notes For Parents
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- For unaccompanied children 13-16 undertaking their first ride of this type with us, a parent or guardian must beforehand contact the organiser to discuss whether their child can achieve the level required. The child must then bring to the ride a guest rider consent form signed by the parent or guardian.
- Proof of age may be requested.
- All participants ride at their own risk and the serviceability of a bike remains the rider's or parental responsibility.
For more details or to register an interest in these rides contact:
Fleet Cycling Contact Address:
Fleet Cycling Club
6 Brook Close
Fleet Cycling is a Cycling UK Member Group.